Skip to content
Health GuaranteeCody Vance2020-02-05T12:57:56-05:00
Pride & Prejudoodles Agrees:
- Pride and Prejudoodles guarantees that puppy had proper care to date and was checked by a veterinarian. Shot records will be furnished at time of purchase.
- Pride and Prejudoodles guarantees puppy against any congenital defect causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until 12 months of age. If this occurs then Pride and Prejudoodles will replace the puppy (minus training fees, if applicable) from available upcoming puppies. Pride and Prejudoodles will not assume any veterinarian bills.
- If within seven days of receiving the puppy, he/she is examined by a licensed veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at serious risk of euthanasia or death due to a genetic defect, buyer shall notify Pride and Prejudoodles with a written statement from the licensed vet describing puppy’s condition. Pride and Prejudoodles will replace puppy from available upcoming puppies.
- This guarantee does not protect against dental issues, worms, fleas, mites, coccidiosis, giardia, or any other parasites, as they are common in dogs and puppies.
- Pride and Prejudoodles is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving Pride and Prejudoodles possession.
- Pride and Prejudoodles has the right to seek a second opinion from a licensed veterinarian. Both Veterinarians must agree on the diagnosis for a refund or replacement to be issued.
- Pride and Prejudoodles reserves the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of Pride and Prejudoodles lineages.
- Pride and Prejudoodles offers 12 month hip guarantee on any puppy found to have moderate or severely affected hip dysplasia. The following applies:
- The puppy must have an x-ray by buyer’s veterinarian, a copy of which must be mailed to Pride and Prejudoodles veterinarian for a confirming diagnosis.
- Because up to 80% of cases of dysplasia can be attributed to environmental causes, and the puppy’s parents were chosen from dysplasia-free lines, Buyer’s veterinarian must sign that the dog has not been overfed for its height/structure, was not raised on slippery floors or excessively exercised, has received adequate nutrition from a quality food with proper protein/calcium ratios, and that the x-ray was not taken during the female’s heat (which can cause additional sublaxity). Assuming all of the above is upheld, if there is still the possibility of genetic cause, the Pride and Prejudoodles will refund 50% of the purchase price.
- A Hip or Elbow Dysplasia diagnosis must be documented and confirmed by an official OFA consultation. (OFA consultations can not be done until the dog is of 24 months of age or more. Therefore to complete this requirement the Pride and Prejudoodles will give a 13 month extension for an OFA consultation. Buyer’s vet’s diagnosis will still need to take place when the dog is less than a year old since this is only a one year guarantee, but Buyer may wait to get the corroborating OFA papers until the dog is 24 months old. No refund will be given until after the OFA corroborates a moderate or severe dysplasia diagnosis.)
- Pride and Prejudoodles offers a 12 month heart guarantee on any puppy found to have a severe heart murmur (Grade 5/6 or 6/6). The following applies: The puppy must have a canine cardiologist perform an echogram to confirm the diagnosis. If this occurs then buyer can choose to return puppy for a full refund, or keep the puppy and get a 50% refund of purchase price.
- Pride and Prejudoodles does not guarantee color, size, training or temperament of any puppy.
- Pride and Prejudoodles does promise to begin crate training your puppy and to provide information needed to continue training, though much of training success is based on the buyer following advice.
The Buyer (Adoptee) Agrees:
- To have puppy examined within seven days of purchase by a licensed veterinarian.
- The buyer understands and agrees that all dogs obtained from Pride and Prejudoodles are sold as PET ONLY and may not be bred under any circumstance. Buyer agrees that if the dog is bred, accidentally or on purpose (even if by a third party), the original dog and value of all of its offspring shall be owed to Pride and Prejudoodles at buyer’s expense. If it is found that the dog has been bred, the value of its offspring shall be determined according to Pride & Prejudoodles’ current pricing. This provision is incumbent upon all of buyer’s successors in the ownership, guardianship, possession, or care of this dog.
- Buyer agrees that no vet bills will be paid or reimbursed by Pride and Prejudoodles after the buyer takes possession of the puppy, and that Pet Insurance is strongly encouraged after the 30 day trial that the Pride and Prejudoodles provides expires.
- The Buyer agrees to provide annual vet exams and to continue all required vaccine shots and boosters as recommended by their vet.
- Buyer is to spay or neuter their dog by 7-12 months of age. No litters may be produced by their dog.
- The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as but not limited to: emotional value of dog, extended babysitting fees, shipping/delivery fees, training fees, or accumulated vet bills.
- Buyer agrees that they will never surrender their dog to a dog rescue or animal shelter. If a re-homing situation becomes necessary, it becomes the Buyer’s responsibility to find the puppy a loving home, though Pride & Prejudoodles is willing to assist during this process. No money will be refunded just because the puppy is no longer wanted.
- This agreement shall be deemed consummated in the county of Pittsylvania, Virginia and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Virginia. If for any reason litigations should occur, the venue shall lie in Chatham, Virginia. Pride and Prejudoodles will not be responsible for any costs associated with this process.
- If any part of this contract is deemed to be invalid by a court all other parts shall be considered separate and still valid.
To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions need to apply:
- In the case of sudden demise of puppy, Pride and Prejudoodles must receive a written notice of puppy’s death from owner’s vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death. Cause of death must be determined to be due to congenital defect only.
- We strongly recommended buyer to continue to give puppy 1 NuVet Plus wafer each day which is a powerful antioxidant that gives a tremendous boost to the immune system to prevent skin and coat problems, and creates a defense against over fifty major diseases, including hip and elbow dysplasia, and extending the lifespan of your dog. Also giving your pup 1 NuJoint everyday is critical in helping prevent hip and elbow dysplasia as it contains MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Glucosamine, and Chondroitin. NuJoint DS also includes Vitamin C (Ester-C) which is required for the synthesis of collagen (a component of joint cartilage), and it can also reduce free radical damage to cartilage. This can be purchased at:www.nuvet.com with purchase code: 10379
- This health guarantee assumes full payment was made at purchase. If a discount on the purchase price was given for any reason buyer will be required to pay the difference before these guarantees will take effect.
Limitations of this Guarantee:
- This guarantee is non-transferable.
- Any and all refunds or replacements are for the purchase price of the puppy only and do not include training and/or delivery cost/fees.
- A licensed veterinarian must do all laboratory verifications.
- The buyer/owner is responsible for any transportation costs to and from the Pride and Prejudoodles.
- All veterinarian reports must clearly state that the cause of the defect is entirely and without a doubt arising from a congenital defect.
- The Pride and Prejudoodles is not responsible for any veterinarian expenses accumulated.
- All claims under this guarantee must be documented by a licensed vet before the dog’s first birthday. This guarantee is only for one year.
- Buyer may extend the coverage to two years if NuVet is purchased monthly, throughout the extent of coverage, under Pride and Prejudoodles number 10379 (so that Pride and Prejudoodles can track usage). Then an additional 12 months warranty will be given (2 Years total).
The Following will void Guarantee coverage:
- Allowing your dog to become obese or underfed at any time.
- Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
- Ideal Body Condition: Can feel and see outline of ribs. Dog has waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
- Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
- Evidence of neglect or abuse.
- Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
- Dog has been bred.
- Feeding this dog anything other than a quality dog food. Proper protein/calcium ratios especially are crucial to proper health and development